Each week, we release a curated list of fantastic wellbeing resources that hit the major facets of your holistic wellness. We hope that you enjoyed our weekly list! Tune back in next week for more great finds.
Interested in MORE wellbeing content? Join our 2020 Virtual Wellbeing Fair by registering here.
- Why Motivation Matters –Todd Henry, the author of Motivation Code, shares a few key insights from the beginning of his new book to help unlock why motivation is critical, and how to begin to leverage it daily.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- Anxiety in ourselves and in our children – Anxiety is miserable but also manageable. In this podcast, child and family therapist, Jennifer Kolari, shares essential tips for calming your own fear and anxiety as well as how to model this for your children.
- Medical Debt: What to Do When You Can’t Pay – Medical debt is not a personal failure. Millions of Americans struggle with high medical bills. If you are faced with medical debt you can’t pay, here are some tips for reducing what you owe so you can minimize the effects of your bills on your finances, health, and future.
- 14 Stretches to Counteract the Effects of Sitting – Sitting for long stretches of time can really take a toll on your body, even if you are getting a daily workout in. Here are some stretches from a Physical Therapist to minimize the effects of sitting.
- Do you suffer from Coronasomnia? Due to the stress of the pandemic, more people than ever are fighting a serious loss of sleep. Here are some tips you can try to break the cycle of sleeplessness.
- Your True Power Lies in your Willingness to be Vulnerable – We are taught that vulnerability is a weakness. But vulnerability allows us to show up more fully in the world. This piece by Gabby Bernstein shares some thoughts on how to be more vulnerable and authentic both in our personal life and at work.
- 10 Best Websites to Find Volunteer Work That’s Right for You – Thanks to the internet, volunteer opportunities have never been easier to find. Whether you want to help animals, the environment, or people in need, these volunteer websites can match you with specific opportunities.
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- The New Workplace: How to Help People Thrive During Change – We’re experiencing change like never before both at home and at work. While some organizations are struggling, others are thriving. Why? Join this webinar on how to help people thrive in the new workplace, featuring Adam Grant and Chevron's VP and CHRO, Rhonda Morris on Tuesday, September 29 at 1 PM ET.
- The Remote Workplace Needs Recognition Rituals Too – Many remote workers — even while still employed — are likely to feel adrift, lost, forgotten in their new work environment. Here are a few ways leaders can initiate a remote culture of recognition.
If you have any questions, contact your Alera Group advisor or email us at email@example.com!