When it comes to wellbeing, employers often find themselves challenged by how to approach a shift from a traditional wellness model to a comprehensive and holistic program that supports the whole person. Below you'll find this week’s curated list of wellbeing resources. Feel free to share these resources, as appropriate, with your team. Have a safe and healthy week!
- Developing a ‘Scout’ Mindset – Why do two people look at the exact same circumstances and form two completely different opinions about what’s going on? Not only that, but why are those people often willing to defend their perspective to the very end, often causing tremendous misunderstanding and conflict? This is important to understand if we want to have effective collaboration.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- The Top Parenting Books of the Past Year – For a lot of families, parenting has never been harder than it was this year. These book favorites from the Greater Good Science Center (UC Berkeley) offer science-based practical tips and sample scripts to help you communicate better with your children, build closer relationships, and set them up for happiness and resilience in life.
- The Best Documentaries on Netflix Right Now – From true-crime series to Oscar-winning movies, Netflix has gone all in on nonfiction filmmaking. Here are the ones to watch!
- 19 Cable Alternatives to Save You Money in 2021 –Cable television is expensive. The average monthly price for cable TV is about $217 a month. One of the best ways to free up extra cash is to cut the cable cord. Thankfully, there are plenty of cheaper cable alternatives out there (some are even free!). And if you make the switch, chances are you won’t even miss it.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Mindful Eating – Mindful eating is about putting aside the many distractions and really focusing on yourself now. A mindful approach to eating can help to reduce overeating, increase better digestion, and elevate your enjoyment with your meals, resulting in an increase in better mental and physical health overall. Here is a step-by-step guide to mindful eating.
- High Power Breakfast Ideas by an Integrative Dietician – In this 1-minute YouTube video, Integrative Dietician, Esther Blum, shares some incredible high-power breakfasts that can help you lose weight, stimulate fat loss, and control your cravings and your appetite.
- Brain Fog: How Trauma, Uncertainty, and Isolation Have Affected Our Minds and Memory – After a year of lockdown, many of us are finding it hard to think clearly or remember what happened when. Neuroscientists and behavioral experts explain why.
- How to Prepare Pets for Your Return to the Office – Many pets, especially those adopted during the pandemic, are not used to being left home alone regularly. A vet explains what owners can do to relieve the stress as you return to the office.
- Eight New Environmental Documentaries to Watch for Climate and Environmental Awareness – Recent years have seen the release of several award-winning films, focusing on the issues threatening our natural environment, from the bottoms of the oceans to the very soil we walk upon. With Earth Day taking place in the month of April, National Geographic suggests a selection of the best documentaries to watch for climate and environmental awareness.
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- Evading Engaged Exhaustion with Rachel Druckenmiller – The mental-health toll that COVID-19 is taking on our employees—and ourselves—is beyond compare. In this episode, leading keynote speaker Rachel Druckenmiller shares practical tips for recognizing burnout, supporting the emotional needs of those under our leadership, and nurturing a sense of belonging in a virtual workspace.
- What Research Says About How to Make Hybrid Work Succeed – Surveys show clearly that a large majority of office workers are in favor of hybrid work approaches post pandemic. Most organizations now seem to be heading in that direction as well. Nicholas Bloom, a professor of economics at Stanford, who has been studying remote work for years weighs in on how to set your organization up for success.
- Mastering Employee Engagement – Join Navigate Wellbeing and Jeremy Pietrocini, Senior Consultant and Executive Coach from Gallup, to discuss how you can use wellbeing initiatives to positively impact culture. April 27th at 1 PM ET.