We welcome you and your employees to join us for our 2021 Virtual Wellbeing Fair on September 22nd and 23rd! Attendees can join any or all sessions during this two-day event which includes daily fitness and mindfulness breaks as well as a wide variety of expert-led seminars covering all aspects of wellbeing. Here are some resources to spread the word:
- Download the Wellbeing Fair Poster
- Download the Givhero Charity Walking Challenge Poster
- Download this Email Template to Invite Your Employees
Have a safe and healthy week!
- Is Your Motivation Still on Vacation? There are many reasons why you might be having a hard time getting work done after your vacation. Before you can take steps to energize yourself, you need to understand a little more about why you’re having trouble getting started. This article from the Harvard Business Review presents three common reasons why you’re slow to get back into the game — and what to do about them.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- Six Ways to Deal with Parental Burnout – 18 months into the pandemic, exhausted parents need some recovery. Here are six suggestions for building post-traumatic resilience so you can continue to care for those around you while also being kind to yourself.
- 3 Steps to Support Family Caregivers – Are you caring for a family member or friends? Don't do it alone. Jessica Kim, CEO & Co-Founder of ianacare, will cover 3 mindset shifts + 3 tangible ways to mobilize practical and emotional support. It'll save you time, money, and stress! Join us on Thursday, September 23rd at 2PM ET.
- 13 Best Online Games & Apps to Teach Kids About Managing Money – In the modern world, teaching your kids about money management is a lot more complicated than it used to be. Fortunately, the same technology that makes modern money so complicated has also created new tools for learning about it. Here are a wide variety of educational websites, games, and banking apps to help kids of all ages master the basics of personal finance.
- Financial Management: Strategies to Achieve Wealth Wellness – Join Clay Hessel, VP Wealth Management at GCG Financial, an Alera Group Company, to discuss strategies that you can leverage to improve the health of your finances. We’ll see you there on Wednesday, September 22nd at 2PM ET.
- What Should You Eat Before & After Your Workout? Celebrity Nutritionist, JJ Virgin, shares some insight on what and when you should eat surrounding your workout to maximize your results.
- Join a Charity Walking Challenge – Alera Group is partnering with Givhero to offer you a fun and active challenge! Each day you take 5,000 steps, Alera Group will make a donation to one of our favorite charities. The challenge goes until September 23rd. Learn how to join here!
- Fitness in 15 – As part of the Alera Group Virtual Wellbeing Fair, join Wellbeats for a quick 15-minute fitness break that can be done right at your desk. September 22nd will include Upper Body and Chair Yoga and September 23rd will address core and posture. 11-11:15AM ET each day. Special promotions will be offered during the session!
- Eat What You Love: Precision Nutrition for Diabetes & Pre-Diabetes Care – Join Registered Dietician, Cassidy Vogel, to learn how to personalize your diet to prevent or manage type 2 diabetes. Join us on Wednesday, September 22nd at 3PM ET.
- Healthy Cooking During Busy Times – Cook along with Gigi Verrey, of Very Smart Ideas! Gigi will be teaching us how to make a delicious caponata that can be used on pasta, fish and more! Along the way, she will be providing tips on how to make the most of fresh, healthy ingredients and how to maximize time in the kitchen. This event will be hosted on Wednesday, September 22nd at 6PM ET.
- How to Start Your Garden Right: Grow & Eat the Healthiest Food Possible – Year-Round! Join Josh Levine and Troy Smothermon of StartOrganic to learn how to grow your Green Thumb in order to grow your own food! This session is on Thursday, September 23rd at 3PM ET.
- How to Copy with Intense Emotions Amid the 20th Anniversary of 9/11 – Around the 20th anniversary of September 11th, it’s natural to feel a flood of emotions. A psychologist shares a system called C.A.R.E, which stands for consider, act, reflect, and ease. This approach can be helpful to help promote awareness of feelings, and help identify appropriate, healthy action and may be a helpful approach for processing the overwhelming feelings many of us have each year on 9/11.
- Stillness Series: Breathwork, Meditation, Guided Relaxation – As part of the Alera Group Virtual Wellbeing Fair, join Namaste Wellness for a quick 15-minute stillness break that can be done right at your desk. September 22nd will include breathwork and meditation and September 23rd will focus on a guided relaxation. Join us on 11:30-11:45AM ET each day.
- Loss, Languishing & Renewal: Defining the Effects of the Pandemic on Our Mental Wellness – Please join members of the Spring Health team to discuss the basics of loss, languishing, and renewal. As the pandemic edges on, this session will focus on how to mourn our numerous collective losses, address feelings of stagnation and emptiness, and work towards the possibility of renewed biological, psychological, social, and even spiritual fitness. This workshop will be on Wednesday, September 22nd at 1PM ET.
- Mastering Stress and Improving Resilience During Times of Adversity – STRESS!! It’s a key driver of all aspects of your mental health. In this webinar, Dr. Evian Gordon, Founder and Chief Medical Officer at Total Brain, provides a practical framework and training pathway to measure and master stress, negativity, and resilience. It focuses on the most recent evidence of what it takes to wire your brain’s optimal effectiveness. How can we begin to reframe, and master, stress to build resilience and improve your personal and work life? Save the date for Thursday, September 23rd at 1PM ET.
- How You Can Still Help 9/11 Victims: Eight Charities That Provide Ongoing Support – In response to the devastation of 9/11, an unprecedented number of Americans surged forward to help provide support to survivors, first responders and the families of those who died. Today, there are a handful of well-regarded groups still collecting. If, on the 20th anniversary of the attacks, you'd like to honor those lost with a donation, this article shares a variety of organizations you can still support that are well regarded by Charity Navigator (nonprofit assessment organization).
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- Alera Group 2021 Virtual Employee Wellbeing Fair – Alera Group invites you and your employees to join us for our Virtual Employee Wellbeing Fair where your teams can hear from experts on many facets of health and wellbeing. We’ll host the event; all you need to do is invite your team. During this two-day event, employees can engage in our daily fitness and mindfulness breaks and attend our keynotes on the six pillars of wellbeing. September 22nd and 23rd. See opening paragraph for some communication tools to promote the event.
- Mental Health in the Workplace: A Panel Discussion for HR and Leadership – Mental health experts from Spring Health, Total Brain, and NAMI NYC will join Alera Group to discuss evolving workplace strategies and the future of mental health in the workplace. Come ready to learn on Wednesday, September 22nd at 4PM ET.
- Perfectionists to "Superheroes" – Learning to Deal with Imposter Syndrome – Have you ever felt that you aren’t as capable as others? Have you felt like a fraud that might be uncovered? Do you feel as if you need to always be a “superhero”? You might be experiencing Imposter Syndrome. In this interactive session for HR and leadership, we will review the signs and symptoms of Imposter Syndrome and talk about tools and strategies to help recognize and combat those feelings in your own life. This exclusive roundtable will be on Thursday, September 23rd at 4PM ET. Space is limited.